Thursday, December 01, 2005

Tangled in Sheets

I lie there satiated, tangled in sheets, panting
Suddenly I am alone


Do you run from fear
That the stillness will allow me entry
Into all the vacant spaces in your soul
That you will feel the need to cherish and love

Do you run from anguish
That in the stillness you understand
I will never be enough to feel those spaces in your soul
You know that there will never be a need to cherish and love

I lie there satiated, tangled in sheets, panting
I feel a prick of pain
Does it hurt because you ran or because I did not run first?


*************************************

Foo Fighters - Best of You....


I needed somewhere to hang my head
Without your noose
You gave me something that I didn’t have
But had no use
I was too weak to give in
Too strong to lose
My heart is under arrest again
But I break loose
My head is giving me life or death
But I can’t choose
I swear I’ll never give in
I refuse

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home