Friday, August 18, 2006

The prey....


Silently, stealthily I stalk my prey. Moving ever so quietly towards her sleeping mass. I move lightly across the floor as not to disturb her. I listen to her measured breath. Each gentle snore assuring me that she is unaware. Quickly I pounce. Touching her lightly and calling her name. She leaps from the couch. Startled from sweet dreams of cheese nips and jelly beans. She looks at me in shock. Suddenly I feel ashamed, I am a bad puppy parent. I call her name and coo lovingly. She glances wearily at me and begins to wag her tail. "Oh sweetpea, I am so sorry." She sighs as she moves back to the couch. Aware that her instincts have failed her. She sweeps her eyes over me one last time as she snuggles back in for the night.

5 Comments:

At 1:10 PM, Blogger Beta Fishy said...

Yes - she does sleep all the time. Unless she is up and pleading for treats. She has a weakness for jellybeans. Or perhaps it is my weakness and she just takes what she can get.

 
At 4:09 PM, Blogger Holly said...

*snicker* If you're a bad puppy parent, then so am I. I love sneaking up on The Greatest Dog Ever like that. She always glares at me, too.

Simple minds and all that, you know...

 
At 12:36 AM, Blogger Bibi said...

LOL ... you meanie! But I've done the same thing myself.

 
At 7:30 AM, Blogger Mailyn said...

how cutsey is you doggie!!!!

you people are so bad...lmao!!!!

 
At 3:16 PM, Blogger Beta Fishy said...

LOL! Sad how we find amusement teasing our sweet puppies....glad to know that I am not the only evil pet owner.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home