Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Burr......


It is cold. I open my windows and allow the freezing cold to rush around my face. It reddens my cheeks and makes me happy. The smell of clean cold air fills me with bliss. The taste of ice in the air, reminds me of another place, another time. Not Texas, that is for sure. But I miss this and I love the fact that suddenly Houston is plunged into winter. I sip on hot tea and try to hold on to this feeling of cold weather joy.

Office politics makes this a bit harder than it should be. I have a co-worker that stalks the hall, waiting for those joyful moments when she can tattle on others. I envision her as a child with a safety monitor slash, lurking the hallways, waiting for us to run with scissors, or eat paste. I need a moment of Zen or a cocktail.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 8:40 PM, Blogger Holly said...

I live in Southern California. You know, warm weather, hot babes, all that? Well guess what? Last week on Friday..it snowed. SNOWED!

For about a minute, as I watched the flakes fall gracefully from the sky, I was euphoric. It was beautiful and wonderful and I almost wept with joy.

Then I had to leave the house.

I WANT THE WARM WEATHER BACK!

I'm having some office politic issues, myself. But they'll be resolved soon. I swear on it.

 
At 9:10 AM, Blogger changapeluda said...

Cold clean air and deep breaths while you plot to trip up
Up the office rat....

heh heh heh....

 
At 9:11 AM, Blogger changapeluda said...

I don't know why the second Up is capitalized like that
:0]
or why there's even a second up
:0)

typos are funny sometimes.

 
At 12:36 PM, Blogger Beta Fishy said...

*sigh* office politics. I hate it. Makes me wish that I was stay-at-home wealthy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home