Friday, July 13, 2007

Notes from the Ark

They line up outside my apartment, two by two, silently waiting to take their turn on the couch. The couch being the only dry spot in a vast land of water. Yes, the apartment has flooded again, and my streak of fucking bad, very bad luck continues.

Don’t worry, I am dry now, and currently waist deep (sorry, I could not resist) in a search for new shelter. Preferably something much higher off the ground.

So I guess this is Friday’s child giving out swimming instructions. Sorry, but you are going to have to come to Houston to collect.


XOXOXOX

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 7:10 PM, Blogger changapeluda said...

When the professional sucker outters came and got the muck out, one of the guys said this was a chance to get everything totally cleaned out and start all over....
i think he meant decorating (my piano was up on cinder blocks, remember.) Too bad I can't remember if it was the first or the second flooding Out in the same shitty apartment!
I am sending you only the best of vibes and fuck it, the first chance I get, I'm gonna light a damn Bonfire at the beach in your honor.

 
At 8:13 AM, Blogger Beta Fishy said...

Thank you. My mold guys have not said that it was a chance to start over, they tend to say "You should move the fuck out." Well, perhaps not so much the fuck part....

 
At 11:37 AM, Blogger changapeluda said...

oh you don't even have to tell me about the fuck part...

preachin' to the choir,
Mmmmhmmm!
well versed, am i...etc.

hang in there, sister and by the by i remain intrigued by your hints of a boy hint hint. distraction from the destruction and all that.
;0]

 

Post a Comment

<< Home