Friday, August 25, 2006

Mysteries of the Long and Winding Road......


Driving home last night, I am confronted by an interesting sight, an art car, well more precisely an art truck. Perhaps art cars are a strictly Houston thing. I am not sure. People turn their vehicles into moving works of art and/or political statements. So last night I see this truck, it has rooster plates glued to the tail gate, an iguana attached to the door, and written across the back windshield is “Peace is the absence of separation.” This confused me. I sent out frantic text messages to random friends asking for them to explain this to me. All I could think was “untrue, untrue”. I pictured warring tribes, religions, cultures and the only thing keeping them at peace is separation. So I get a text from a friend that explains, “When I am with you I feel at peace and that is the absence of separation.” How fucking cool is that? Suddenly I love this art car driving Texas chick. I wish her and her rooster plates all the best.


I have a friend that lives quite a distance from the office. Her drive home in the evening is usually 1.5 hours. She often encounters quite extraordinary things. Much in the vain of Dr. Seuss, oh, the things that she sees. She will often call me or send me text messages regarding the more interesting sights. Such as there is a naked man driving, guy hitting 6 foot bong while driving, hot guy flirting with her, things of that nature. Last night (it was an odd night all around) she sends me a message that a guy is brushing his teeth while driving. Her concern is where he was going to spit. I reply that perhaps, he is a swallower. This is all the more funny to me because I know that she is not a swallower. Perhaps, the moral of this story is that there are things that you do not need to know about your friends.

5 Comments:

At 12:20 PM, Blogger Mailyn said...

OK, I give you a round of applause because, damn it, I can't drive and text at the same time! However, I have mastered the art of driving and talking on the cell without hitting anyone. Yet. LMAO.

 
At 12:27 PM, Blogger Beta Fishy said...

E4c5 - that is a photo taken with my cell phone.

Mailyn - there are many lights between work and home, plus my phone is set for predictive text. So it is like typing. Which sadly, I can do one handed and with my eyes closed....and I sort of cheated because I sent the same text to 5 people.

 
At 7:44 PM, Blogger changapeluda said...

Bitchen Post Beta! When you were wishing her & her rooster plates well, you reminded me of The New York Hack...have you ever read her blog? It's one of those heartening
New York kinda things.
Wow, your phone sure does triple task!

 
At 7:45 PM, Blogger changapeluda said...

I see you got over your writer's block :)

 
At 8:22 AM, Blogger Beta Fishy said...

Hmmm....still feeling a little bit of the writer's block. But thanks for the kind words. I am off to read the New York Hack blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home