Thursday, September 28, 2006

Flying through the night....

I sit in my front yard, the cool night air brushing the hair from my face. Voices whisper to me from the phone. I tilt my head back, watching an airplane pierce the inky black night. Suddenly I am pondering endless questions. I imagine a person pressing their face to the glass and staring out into the dark Texas night, wondering what or who is below. Much as I sit and wonder who is flying over. Are there people on the plane who can’t wait to arrive at their destinations? Are they happy or sad? Do they fly for business, bored with their lives? Did someone cry when they left, or will someone laugh when they arrive? I think of all these people and all the stories that are passing over my head at this exact moment. It is a wonderful thought to me, the world flying by.

5 Comments:

At 3:27 PM, Blogger Mailyn said...

go see some Candyass :-P

 
At 3:37 PM, Blogger Beta Fishy said...

Mailyn - are you featuring hot men on your site? I am on my way...

 
At 4:33 PM, Blogger Holly said...

I love moments such as these.

 
At 9:06 AM, Blogger changapeluda said...

Beta F. what a beautifully written post!
Such Romance and tenderheartedness.

Now I am in the mood, girl.

Somebody is gonna get kissed and Good!

 
At 3:05 PM, Blogger Beta Fishy said...

Thanks! Now go get some slobbery kisses!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home