Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Shopgirl

Last night I watched a movie, all curled up on my couch, dog snuggled in my side and hand resting on the boy. Suddenly the relationship playing out on the scene left me slightly breathless. It was as if someone had peeked into my past. As the girl falls in love with her slight older, seemingly socially challenged lover, I cringe. I want to sit down next to her and warn her. When he cheats on her and then confesses, saying that some how he imagined that it would be all right, I want to laugh out loud. I think that I have heard that same sentence before. In another life, a different time, when I loved one that did not love me. Do we all have this story? Is that why I could watch it being played out in front of me? Strangers that did the same painful dance that I have. The ending when he apologizes for all that he did to her, saying that he did love her brings tears to my eyes. Reminding me of a similar sad moment. Tears that dry as our heroine runs to the arms of someone that does love her. A hopeful sigh slips from me as the boy pulls me close and helps dry those tears.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 11:44 AM, Blogger Holly said...

My heart sighed a little while reading that. Yes, I think we've all been there. And thank goodness we're not there any longer.

 
At 8:25 PM, Blogger changapeluda said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwww
ohhh! so fucking Sweet i can't stand it! Now i gotta rent
Shopgirl.
Me & Pop-pops on the couch
w/Happy and G. is home for the holiday!

Happy Thanksgiving, Lil Fishy
and to that boy of yours, too.
Any guy that dries your tears is
Okay in my book.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home