Saturday, October 20, 2007

Saturday Morning Festival Hunt

Mon petit agneau précieux, it is festival season here in Texas. I am not sure how it is done in other parts of the country, but here when the heat breaks (hmmm), we have festivals. Swing a cat in Houston, and you are certain to hit a festival. Someone, some where has meat on a stick. I take the time to write this because I love festival season, and well I promised to write more. I love the feel of it. The gathering of community to celebrate. Celebrate whatever it is - Greeks, hot sauce, rice - whatever. Thus far this season, I have personally celebrated Texas music, Greeks, and people that like to dress like faeries (okay, the Renaissance).... blah, due to time constraints I have missed and lamented celebrating Italians, Bayou Arts (better not to ask), Westheimer, rice, and hot sauce. I hope to do better next year.....
Today the boy and I will set off hand and hand to the wine festival - well, it has a more prestigious title than that, but it is all about the wine. With our little tickets we get five free wine tastings - woop! And thou I hope that this will not appear a theme, the boy and I are quite excited about setting off hand in hand to find the wine.
Hopefully you all enjoy your Saturday...

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 9:34 AM, Blogger changapeluda said...

ah to set off, hand in hand...so sweet and full of promise.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home