Friday, October 19, 2007

Romance - divided by one


A story of romance that occurred while I was away.

Off we go to Austin to spend the day at ACL (Austin City Limits) a large music festival held under the blazing Texas sun. My love is over dressed. It is a day where everyone runs around half naked, not my honey. He shows up in jeans and a dark tee. After purchasing more appropriate clothing, and with my back pack crammed full with his jeans and shoes we set off hand in hand to find the wine.
Ah, glorious white wine under the hot Texas sun. Well, a recipe for disaster one could say. Especially if that one is my sweet honey. And now for that moment of romance. It occurred as the sun set (see photo above). My baby, tired from heat and wine, naps with his head in my lap. I gently fan him and push back locks of damp hair. All the while we are serenaded by Damien Rice.
I remember it well
The first time that I saw
Your head around the door
'Cause mine stopped working
I remember it well
There was wet in your hair
I was stood in the stairs
And time stopped moving
My silent moment of pure romance, missed by my sleeping honey. It was magical, at least half magical. I protected him while 200,000 Texans danced and swayed around us. How dreamy is that?

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 12:35 PM, Blogger Holly said...

So dreamy you've got me tearing up over here. *dreamy sigh*

That's no small feat, you know.

What a beautiful story of romance.

 
At 12:38 PM, Blogger Beta Fishy said...

Le sigh....this from the one that shall soon be married.

 
At 5:25 PM, Blogger changapeluda said...

If I was him and I woke up in the middle of it all....
i woulda faked bein Sound asleep.

I am so pleased
Pleased as Punch
that you have
a love
a lover as in "Come here,
Lover Boy!"
as in
You Are Loved.

 
At 10:37 AM, Blogger Beta Fishy said...

Ah thank you very much. We shall see how it all plays out. I sort of worry that I am too pleased with things.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home