Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Wahoo


I spend Saturday morning riding back through time. Pushing the pedals of my bike faster and faster. Watching my riding partner hold her hands straight out from her sides, letting her fingers slice through the air. The sun shining down on our faces. Braids and ponytails peek out from bike helmets. Suddenly we are children laughing and talking to each other in that strange language that we share. Each stroke of the pedal erasing everything painful from my mind. Ever person that we pass flashes the same smile. One of the joy of hanging on to childish delights.

4 Comments:

At 4:46 PM, Blogger Mailyn said...

That's so sweet!

I can't ride a bike for nothing. I suck at anything but driving. LOL.

 
At 8:21 AM, Blogger Beta Fishy said...

It actually took me a long time to learn to ride a bike. I think that I was in high school before I learned to balance myself. So sad...

 
At 11:52 PM, Blogger changapeluda said...

Dear Bicycling Beta,

I'm happy & smiling @ your 2 wheeled antics!

Helmet + Braids=So Very Cute

 
At 10:38 AM, Blogger Beta Fishy said...

Changa,

I love to ride on the weekends. It makes me smile too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home